- Fish head – 2 pieces
- Channa dal – 1/2 cup
- Potato – 2 nos
- Brinjal – 1
- Pumpkin – 1 small piece
- Carrot – 1
- Beet root – 1 small
- Onion – 1 big
- Ginger-garlic-chilly paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 big
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp chopped
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – As per taste
Soak the chana dal ove night. Pressure cook chana dal with salt and turmeric powder up to 2 whistles.
Chop onion, tomato. Cut the vegetables into cubes.
Marinate fish head with salt and turmeric powder. Heat oil in a pan. Fry the fish heads till golden brown colour.
Remove the fish head fry from the pan. Add some more oil into the same pan. Add chopped onion and fry till translucent colour. Add ginger-garlic-green chilly paste and fry till raw smell goes off. Add chopped tomato, salt, turmeric powder, chilly powder and cook till masala is done. Add fried fish head into the masala. Break the pieces into smaller with the spatula. Now add all the cubed vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Now add the pressure cooked channa dal, add some water and cook till vegetables are done.
Once the curry gets desired consistency, switch off the flame. Sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with steamed rice.
- You can cook the curry up to 1 whistle to get all the vegetables cooked properly. In pan, it’s more time consuming.
- You can break fish head earlier after frying itself instead of breaking it with spatula.