- Tomato – 6 no.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Sugar/Jaggery – 1 tbsp
- Curry Leaf – 1 strand
- Dry red chilly – 2
- Panch Phutan (Cumin, Mustard seeds, Methi, Kalonji, Saunf)
- Hing – 1 pinch
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin, red chilly powder – 1 tsp
Cut the ripe tomatos into cubes.
Heat oil in a pan. Add dry red chilly into it. When the colour of red chilly changes, add panch phutana into it. Add hing. Now add curry leaf. Add cubed tomatos into it. Add salt, turmeric powder. Cover it and cook for some time. When the tomato becomes soft, add sugar or jaggery into it. Cook for some more time in low flame. When the chutney gets proper consistency, switch off the flame. Sprinkle roasted cumin, red chilly powder over it and cover it for some time.
- Hing and Roasted cumin, red chilly powder give nice aroma to this chutney.
- Don’t add sugar or jaggery if you don’t want the sweet chutney.
- You can garnish the chutney with fresh chopped coriander leaves.